Today's Rates




History

In 1941 Millville Savings and Loan Association was formed when five building and loan associations were merged with assets totaling $387,174. The following are the five building and loan associations that merged: Columbia Perpetual Building and Loan, Hope Building and Loan, Institute Building and Loan, Protected Building and Loan, and Security Perpetual Building and Loan.

The first meeting was held on June 2, 1941 at the offices of Reeves and Melvin. Clarence Reeves, better known as "Ki," was elected President. Fourteen directors were present.

Business transacted included granting five loans totaling $8,200. The mission of the newly founded association was to encourage home ownership and to promote saving. In October 1941, a contract was awarded to Raymond Goodwin for the construction of an office building at 219 North High Street. The cost was not to exceed $9,500. The office building, costing $9,107, was open for business on March 20, 1942. The staff consisted of an Executive Secretary and a teller/ stenographer.

The building at 219 North High Street operated as a branch office until 2000. It was sold in 2002.

The Managing officers were:

David C. Dondero: 1941 - 1942
Dilbert C. Pheiffer: 1942 - 1965
Robert T. Shannon: 1965 - 1973
Benjamin Hottell: 1973 - 1974
Daniel F. Baer: 1974 - 2001
Gary Simmerman: 2002 - 2003
David J. Greenfield: 2003 - present

Presidents were:

Clarence Reeves: 1941 - 1968
Carl H. Johnson Sr.: 1968 - 1970
Robert T. Shannon: 1971 - 1973
Daniel F. Baer: 1974 - 2001
Floyd Dodson: 2001 - 2004
David J. Greenfield: 2004 - present

Chairmen of the Board were:

Carl H. Johnson Sr.: 1971 - 1978
John L. McDonnell: 1978 - 2003
William Wenz: 2003 - present

Current Directors are:

William Wenz Chairman
David Greenfield Vice Chairman
Michael MitchellDirector
Chuck WybleDirector, Secretary
Dr. Charles MintzDirector
George WaltmanDirector

Millville Savings office at One Savings Place, on Albertson Street, opened for business in April 1987. One Savings Place on Albertson has a full service lobby with six teller stations; four drive-thru lanes and both and a 24 hour walk-up ATM and a 24 hour drive-up ATM. This location now also serves as its corporate headquarters.

In December 2007, Millville Savings renovated and opened a second office at 904 West Main St. in Millville. This office has a full service lobby, two drive-thru lanes, and a 24 hour drive-up ATM.

Since 1941, Millville Savings continues to provide the City of Millville and beyond prompt and friendly service, the latest in banking technology, and great rates.